[access-uk] Re: BBC Radio Player and screen reader help etc.

  • From: "Douglas Harrison" <harrisondf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 08:22:08 +0100

Sandra,
They don't seem to do anything useful with Hal either.  Apart from these
strange hot
keys you can tab round to various buttons including ones to increase or reduce
the
volume but, if like me, you are using a single sound card for the Speech synth
and radio
output they seem to change both.  What would be very useful would be to be able
change the volume independently as you can for instance with Winamp.

Personally I use the Accessible Radio Player from Webbie.Org.uK for listening
to the
BBC streams now although it too has the same problem over independent volume
control.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison