[access-uk] Re: Audio Links on Web Pages

  • From: "Douglas Harrison" <harrisondf@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 17:49:25 +0100

On 2 Oct 2004 at 14:13, Ray's Home wrote:

> Douglas.  I think you are on the right track with your advice to
> Mal.  I use IE6 and SP2;  I was looking for the options you
> mention though, and I cannot find any reference to them at all!
> Wonder why that is?  Maybe I never installed the media bar
> option, and to judge by the grief its given some, I'm glad I
> didn't, if that's what's happened.  Very puzzling to me though.
> Ray

Ray,
Surprising if you managed to avoid installing the Media BAR - I thought
it was an integral part of IE6.   Have you the Media item in the sub
menu of your Explorer bar in the View Menu?  If so what happens if
you press Enter on it to Select it?   I am usually taken to the media bar
directly, or if not can get there by pressing f6 once or twice and in it I
can tab to the Options button  I mentioned.

I think that Mel's problem may arise because even if the Media bar is
not visible, unless it's use for playing media has been turned off, it will
still interfere.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison