[access-uk] Another True Call query

  • From: "Jim Williams" <jwuspaceman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 21:46:50 +0100

Hi List,

I've read the messages on how calls from "friendly" numbers are allowed through
but what would happen in the following situation.

I phoned my GP at the surgery the other day to ask for a telephone
consultation.  The duty doctor called me back this morning at about the agreed
time that the consultation was to take place.  However, I checked my phone to
see if his number he rang back on was the surgery number.  It wasn't, it was a
withheld number.

This surgery is a group practise so any one of about 6 doctors or 3 nurses
could have rung me back, all of whom would have withheld their numbers as I
believe is the rule in order to avoid others ringing in when they are
consulting patients.

My point is, I wouldn't be given these numbers to place on the True Call list
and I'm sure a busy doctor would not take kindly to having to identify himself
each time he rang a number to speak to his patient.

Apologies for this being a bit long winded but what is the answer.

Jim Williams