[access-uk] Announcement, the JAWS Blog

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:12:14 +0100

I would like to announce the fact that I have started a Blog specifically to provide people

with news and information about JAWS for Windows and the PAC Mate products from Freedom

Scientific.

At the time of writing, the Blog will be updated quite regularly as we approach the upcoming

release of JAWS for Windows 7.1, so I can point people to the new features, direct download

links, and so on. However, the Blog will also contain links to useful resources which make

applications accessible using JAWS, together with audio presentations which can be found on

the web where JAWS or the PAC Mate are the primary subjects.

In addition when time permits, short audio posts will be placed on the Blog demonstrating

useful JAWS features which may not be available elsewhere.

There are plenty of ways to ensure that you get the latest Blog entries. One very easy

method of doing this is to get Blog updates directly downloaded to Microsoft Outlook by

using a product called NewsGator InBox at
http://www.newsgator.com/
But, as I say, there are lots of other equally accessible tools which are free to download

and use.

However, to go to the JAWS Blog itself, you should start at:
http://bhjaws.livejournal.com/

There's not a lot there right now, but there will be ...

The Blog is very navigable with JAWS of course if you just want to view it using Internet

Explorer. However as I say there are plenty of accessible tools to obtain Blog updates.

Enjoy the Blog!

Brian Hartgen

MSN:  brian@xxxxxxxxxxx

SKYPE:  brianhartgen