[access-uk] All my files have gone poof!

  • From: Elliott Barnes <elliottabarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 11:48:56 +0100

Hi guys,

I've got a Dell Inspiron Mini 1010 netbook with 1 GB of RAM and a 160
GB HD running XP Home SP3. The machine has been running fine up to
now.
I've just gone into My Documents folder to look for a file, and to my
dismay, I discovered that most (but not all) of my files are still
there, but have the incorrect size. For example, some have a size of
57.0 KB, while others have a size of 61.5 KB.
I've tried copying some of these files to a USB drive, and yet they
still show up as the same size.
I've done virus scans which have found nothing, so I'm wondering does
anyone know what's wrong here?
I haven't installed any additional software, but interestingly all of
the effected files were modified on the 28th of September starting at
roughly 12:21 which was when I was at college, but then some are
modified at 12:23, which makes me believe that the system was doing
some sort of mass file deleting or something like that. But after
saying that, interestingly, the My Documents folder is still the same
size, but when I attempt to click on one of these files I get a Don't
Send error.

Cheers.

--
Elliott.