[access-uk] Re: Affordable Accessibility

  • From: "Mike Moore" <mikeis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 14:02:09 +0100

Hi,

Is it not true however that if manufacturer's want to open up the market,
making it more accessible to the end users, should there not be a willingness
to promote and expand it's use?

I know from previous threads, the problems with JFW and the Braille displays,
as mentioned elsewhere, such as this link:

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-proprietary-jaws-bites-blind.html

Is this not the problem? All the main manufacturer's can keep the prices up
because they can; if you buy my product, you can only use our products to work
with it as well, so let's have the whole cherry, rather than a bite.

Mike