[access-uk] Re: Accessing Safe Mode?

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 20:29:47 +0100

Hmm, in that case it may work, but I'm not sure if System Access at least works
with hardware synthesizers. I doubt however that NVDA works with hardware
synths. Are you on the NVDA list? If not, let me know and I'll give you
subscription information for you and anyone else who's interested.
    From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Chris Hallsworth
    To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Again Ray, you wouldn't be able to use it, even though it may "work", as
the necessary sound drivers don't load in safe mode. So unless Braille support
was to be included, I guess we can't use them in safe mode for the time being.
        From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Chris Hallsworth

        Safe Mode does not load sound drivers; in fact, it only loads the
minimal amount of drivers required for Windows. In fact, you can't use any
screen readers in safe mode since even the proper video drivers aren't loaded;
Windows instead loads the native video driver, which I believe causes video
intercept issues. Sorry about that.