[access-uk] Re: Accessible RSS reader?

  • From: "Vince Thacker" <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:17:21 -0000

Scot,

If you mean a PC program, you could get the WebbIE package, which includes an
RSS reader and much more besides.

http://www.webbie.org.uk/

Or you can download Accessible RSS separately from here....

http://www.webbie.org.uk/accessiblerss/

That program works great, and is fine if you want a small number of  news
feeds. I'm a heavy user of news feeds, though, so I wanted somthing wehre I
could have folders for separate subject areas (blindness, local news, health,
environment, etc., etc.). I settled on Snarfer from www.snarfware.com/

This is a good program too, and is fine for screen reader users. It works
pretty much like an e-mail client, with folders one side and the individual
story headings on the other side. Shame they are no longer developing this, but
it certainly works OK with Windows Vista.

Vince.