[access-uk] Accessible Books

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:22:16 -0000

Hi
I'm afraid I've never taken the time to look into this and so I'm hoping some
kind person will explain.

I would like to download some accessible books for reading on my computer or on
my Nokia 9500. I had trouble before in choosing an accessible format and a
program to play it on. Is Acrobat PDF reader or Ebook reader, or yet again the
Microsoft Reader of any use accessibility wise for us now? At the stage I tried
 none of these programs were advised.

PDF, plain text, etc- which work with which accessible program? Any tips would
be appreciated.

Thanks.

Gordon McFarlane
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.