[access-uk] AVG antivirus problem.

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 16:48:01 -0000

On a laptop running Vista which I recently purchased, AVG anti virus Free
edition was installed presumably to offer some protection until I make  other
arrangements.  I would like to try the Eset Smart Security on it but would
prefer not to uninstall AVG until I am sure that it will not be needed.

I have been looking for a way of preventing AVG loading at Start up but so
far I have failed to find any setting within the program itself to do this.  I
would prefer not to have to edit the registry and using MSConfig has the
disadvantage that each time the machine is booted up I have to deal with a
message informing me that there has only been a selective loading of the
listed items.

If anyone using aVG anti virus regularly could point me to a setting within it
to do the job I would be most grateful.  I can see how to shut down  the
AVG Control Cednter, which presumably means that aVG is not running,
and this would suffice for the ESet installation, but on re-bootting AVG
would be back again.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Douglas

   --