[access-uk] Re: A Strang Problem With The Latest Version Of Skype.

  • From: Chris & Doris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 08:03:01 -0400

I do not have the problem as I do not use skype 4.1 except as a portable application.

however, what is your screenreader and how is it loaded when ou start your computer.

If skype is loaded befoer your screenraeder is, chances are that the presence of the screenreader is not detected and accessibility features not made available.
Skype 4.1 has some issues with detecting screenreader presence anyway.

Try unloding both skype and yoru screenreader. (Make sure you have set up a keyboard shortcut to load yoru screenreder manually.) when both skype and screenrader are unloaded, first reload yoru screenreader with the hotkey and then fire up skype and see if skype's accessibility features are now available.

It may be a good idea to not have skype come up automatically at windows bootup but start it manually when your system is loaded and your screenreader running.

hth

Doris

At 12:22 PM 9/25/2009 +0100, you wrote:
Hello all,

I wonder if anyone has this strange problem I am having with the latest version of skype?

I boot up my PC then I bring up skype it's set up to run at start up but I have a hot key setup to bring it to the fore front.

All the contacts and file view is not accessible and the only way I seem to be able to bring it back to normal is reboot the PC.

I have tried signing out of skype and I have also tried quitting skype and restarting it again, But the only way I can get it working as it should is reboot the PC any one else had this? and if so a fix please.
Kevin cussick.