[access-uk] Re: 32 bit version of JAWS with 64bit version of Windows 7

  • From: "Martin" <martinhoughton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 07:34:12 +0100

Hello Janet

If you are using Jaws 12, it will automatically load the 64 bit version onto your laptop if you are using 64 bit windows. I don't think it is possible to run the 32 bit version of jaws on a 64 bit machine and if it is, then it is very likely you will have limited functionality. Someone else might know more about this and come up with another solution, but as I am happily using Jaws 12 64 bit on a 64 bit windows 7 platform, then I don't think you would have any problem using a 64 bit version of jaws on your lap top.

Hope this helps somewhat.

All the best

Martin

-----Original Message----- From: Janet Tuggey
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2011 5:48 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] 32bit version of JAWS with 64bit version of Windows 7

Hi all, would it be OK to put a 32bit version of JAWS on a laptop running a
64bit version of Windows 7?  I'm guessing it would be but just want to check
before I install it.  It is JAWS 12.

Cheers

Janet & Wheat, the silly Shepherd cross