[access-uk] 1471 service - success

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:56:46 +0100

Hi all,

I got myself off the 1471 return charge today by ringing up the registrations
number (from work), they confirmed my details were correct after giving my pin,
then confirmed I had a BT line, then said it would be processed this afternoon.
 If I had any 6p charges on the bill after tomorrow, give them a ring and they
would deal with it.  This works just in the normal way, so anyone on that line
effectively has free 1471 call return facilities.

It is also a good opertunity for them to keep their records up to date, because
my pin related to an address/phone number I hadn't been in for nine years!

Thanks.
Andrew.