[3ddesktop-dev] spin-direction?

  • From: Steven Peterson <peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 3ddesktop-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:57:08 -0400

Hi all,

        I have two questions about 3d-desktop.

1)
         My setup has 4 virtual desktops. Whenever 3ddesktop only has to rotate
one
screen, it chooses the most sensible direction - left or right.  However if
it has to rotate 2 sides it always rotates counter-clockwise which give me a
sickening backwards feeling. Is there any ways i can tell it to 'prefer' a
clockwise rotation?

        I played with 'gotoleft' and 'gotoright' with no real result... I know
this
is kind of silly preference but seeing as the program is a giant visual
effect....

2)
        in  /usr/bin/3ddesktop the --acquire flag works but isn't fast enough.
However if I set a flag --acquire=x where x >45  it only grabs the first
desktop, and leavs a wireframe for the remaing desktops untill it fills them
all in through normal use.

        I"m not sure what the default value is, but I figure I need a hair over
double that.

Thx for any help!

Steven

--