[3ddesktop-dev] 3ddesk with multiple monitors

  • From: Calvin Walton <calvin.walton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 3ddesktop-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:59:52 -0400

On my computer, I'm using dual monitor, with multiple "screens". E.g.
to open an app on the second monitor, I set DISPLAY=":0.1" then run
the app.

Both monitors are on a card that supports 3d accelleration, and each
has seperate set of virtual desktops. Of course, I want to use 3ddesk
to view these :)

The problem is that I cannot run more than one copy of 3ddeskd at a
time, and I need one per monitor to switch screens on. e.g. so I could
run

env DISPLAY=":0.0" 3ddeskd
Daemon started.  Run 3ddesk to activate.
env DISPLAY=":0.1" 3ddeskd
Daemon started.  Run 3ddesk to activate.

then use
env DISPLAY=":0.0" 3ddesk
or
env DISPLAY=":0.1" 3ddesk
to run 3ddesk on the appropriate monitor.

If something allowing this could be implemented, it would be nice. Of
course, my setup isn't anything standard, so I'm not expecting too
much :)

--
Calvin Walton