[24hoursupport] win2K turn off auto arange icons in folders

  • From: "Douglas S. Oliver" <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 01 Aug 2003 21:33:41 -0700

Hi all, I was working with a client today and we cannot find out how to
permanently turn off auto arrange for her icons in Win2K. Also I think
probably related, most of her folders are marked as read-only. I tried
to turn off globally the read-only attribute, which worked for a while,
but then returned to read-only and auto arrange. I'm not a win2k user,
so I'm lost. Does she need to make these changes as administrator or
root user? Is there a special place to click to make the changes? It's
frustrating because we can get it to work for a while, but then it just
snaps back. I think this happens after she opens a couple of different
folders. Am I making sense? Can anyone help? Thanks -- d

--
Douglas S. Oliver <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>