[24hoursupport] virus - PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT - NOW

  • From: "George Cham" <bulldogs13@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Windows-98@yahoogroups. Com" <windows-98@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Bca-L@Yahoogroups. Com. Au" <bca-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 14:43:49 +1000

I have just received a message from Jacqui in Perth....  She has found this
on her PC...  AND I HAVE FOUND IT ON MINE.....

This virus stays quiet for 14 days before damaging the system it is called
jdbgmgr.exe - IT IS NOT DETECTED BY Norton of McAfee antivirus systems.

It is sent automatically by the Messenger and by the address book, whether
OR NOT you sent e-mails to your contacts.  I have checked my pc, found it
and deleted it.  PLEASE CHECK YOUR PC AS WELL.

1. Go to Start, Find or Search option
2. In the files/folder option, write the name jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure you search in your C: drive
4. Click "find now"
5. The virus has a little bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe
DO NOT OPEN IT
6. Right click and delete it (it will then go to the Recycle Bin)
7. Go to the Recycle Bin and delete it there as well, or empty the bin.

IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK
AND FORWARD THIS TO THEM SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS
BOOKS.

George

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at