[24hoursupport] Re: lost folder

  • From: "Hugh Vandervoort" <hughv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 16:33:52 -0400

When I started using the web a few years ago, many people were kind enough
to take the time to help me, and never made me feel dumb about even the most
basic question. I was also constantly astonished at the web resources made
available by thousands of people who had obviously worked very hard to make
detailed explanations available the web.
Now that I can answer a few questions, I try to remember where I came from.
The fact is that many people don't have a clue where to begin getting
answers-that's why they join lists like this.
I belong to several lists that won't accept one-line (usually a URL)
answers, and others that insist that answers include as many details as
applicable (such as where to find the program or information referred to in
an answer).
So-it ain't "dirty work". It's just a complete answer that will hopefully
help the newbie out of his dilemma.
well garsh ron, I mean like how many resources on the web are there
anyway?
>   do you know how to use a search engine?
>   http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&q=dbxtract
>   695 hits.
>   http://google.yahoo.com/bin/query?p=dbxtract&hc=0&hs=0
>   20 hits
>   Can't you do your own dirty work? You expect everyone to do it all for
you?

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at