[24hoursupport] Re: hard drive not detected

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 17:06:07 -0400

Turbodog,
Based on your description of the model, this is what I think you have:

http://wwss1pro.compaq.com/support/reference_library/viewreferencelibrar
y.asp?countrycode=1000&catid=763&famid=2033&prodid=2220|Presario%20700xx

If that is not your model then go to the support home and look it up.  I
think you can enter a serial number to insure you are getting the
correct model.  The page above has links to quick reference guides and
maintenance manuals.  You should be able to look up how to remove the
hard drive and re-seat it.  Also see if you can find how to enter the
BIOS and see if you have an auto detect option.  You may have just lost
the BIOS settings.  How old is this laptop?  Be careful about how much
you do on your own, you may still have a warranty on it.  The same link
above will lead you to how to contact tech support.  You might want to
call them to see if they can help you out with this.

Spider
Largo, Florida 33771
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1