[24hoursupport] Re: active program - trying to delete in XP

  • From: Joe Parker <joe.parker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 09:33:20 -0400

Try Start>Run>msconfig>Startup. If you can find it listed there you can
disable it from starting and/or simply delete the executable (might want to
rename it first). Better free Startup Cop type programs are available e.g.
Startup Control Panel www.mlin.net .

Then I'd work on how this thing got installed in the first place. Run Ad-aware
  ( http://www.webattack.com/get/adaware.shtml ), update her virus
definitions and check the settings, and change some of the security
settings in Internet Options to prompt before allowing programs to install
themselves.

At 11:06 PM 6/30/2002, you wrote:
>A friend of mine has a laptop windows XP computer. While surfing she
>somehow had an active program installed on her computer called
>Animepornofantasies. She would like to remove this from her computer but
>cannot find the file to delete it. It is on the desktop near the date.

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at