[24hoursupport] Re: Word

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:00:53 -0800

Hi Roland,
I use Mailwasher also to preview my mail on the web.
Several times my Norton AV2003/ now 2004, has popped up to warn me there is
an infection contained in the email when I double click in Mailwasher to
view something.

I always choose the delete option.

See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes virus page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 25/11/2003 at 1:54 PM yyixi001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Yes, that's it! Much thanks to you both, Ron and Mike, I'll check it out.

I'm also wondering, my WormGuard loads very quickly on boot, but the
companion program TDS-3 takes quite a bit of time after loading and do
it's full set of scans after I start it manually from Desktop in an
otherwise fully booted Win98, and I've been 'fudging' and taking 'peeks'
at incoming mail through MailWasher sometimes without starting TDS-3
first sometimes. Dumb question, but is that dangerous? IOW, can a trojan
or worm attack my pc by me looking at my emails through MailWasher?

Roland