[24hoursupport] Re: PDF Format

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 19:52:41 -0500

Hello Irene,

>I have some patterns that were sent to me in PDF format and Acrobat Reader
>is the only thing that will read them. I would like to save these patterns
>but I see no way that it will work. I would also like to shapen the images
>and text. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

You can't make changes to a .pdf file directly without having the expensive
Adobe Acrobat program.

You can, however, select text and graphics within Acrobat Reader, copy it
to the clipboard, and paste it into other programs where you can then
manipulate whatever you pasted. You can, for example, select an image in
Acrobat Reader, copy it, and paste it into Paint Shop Pro or some other
graphics program and sharpen it, resize it, whatever you need to do. Then
you can save it as a separate file so you can pull it up again when needed.
Unfortunately, you can't save the changed image back into the .pdf file
using just Acrobat Reader.

HTH,

Ron

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at