[24hoursupport] Re: Making mp3s smaller

  • From: Eugene Ramulu <EugeneR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: George Cham <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 14:20:32 +0200

Usually MP3 format is as small as audio can go before the quality of the so=
und becomes so poor that it's not worth listening to.
However the vocal range of the human voice (as in audio books) is not as la=
rge as in normal music mp3 files.

So to help you, you can search on Google for some software that will re-rec=
ord your mp3 files at a lower bitrate ...

My guess is that your existing mp3 files are at 256 and above...
From=20experience, a bitrate of 128k is reasonable quality.

Peace

-e

=20

> I was wondering is there a way of making mp3s smaller?
> I have an audio book with 46 tracks, and I want to fit as much as I can o=
nto
> a CD.
 =20
=20

> Regards =20

> George Cham

> Email & MSN mailto:doggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Yahoo! ID ttyb100
=20
> Want a free gmail Address? Send an email to
> mailto:george.cham@xxxxxxxxx?subject=3DFree-gmail-account  With your full=
 name
> and current Email Address.

=20

> --
> ** Remove the anti-virus footer, ads, and this line and
> everything below when replying **

> For a web-based membership management utility and information on
> list policies, please see
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/24hoursupport
> quotes) in the subject.

--=20