[24hoursupport] Re: Loss of Desktop Shortcut Icons after MS Security Updates

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 20:24:56 -0500

Jerry,
Is there any chance that you see a folder on your desktop labled "Unused
Shortcuts"?  If so, double click it.  You might find your missing icons in
that folder.  WinXP has a "feature" that will automatically delete icons if
you don't use them, but it usually puts them in a folder on your desktop.

Spider
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

http://spider1.blogspot.com/

http://erablog.net/blogs/Spider1/