[24hoursupport] Re: Iexplorer

  • From: bls <brenna_99_ca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 18:17:08 -0700 (PDT)

Please let us know what version of IE you are using
and what version of Windows you are using.  There are
a number of things you can do here--you can delete
your temporary internet files, do a cleanup of your
hard drive, run scandisk and defrag, run system file
checker to check for corrupted files, and run the IE
repair tool.  The Windows update site can also be used
to check for updates and patches, although I
personally am not a huge fan, as I've had problems
with their patches.  Also, if you are using AV
software, make sure it is up to date and run a
thorough system scan.  Sometimes simple maintenance
can solve these things.  Reformatting is a major pain,
not something you should have to do for a problem with
the browser (just the opinion of a non techie,
recently formatted  person <g>).

Brenna

--- "john.estate" <john.estate@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Iexplorer keeps closing frequently when surfing
> internet with which ever site or programme it
> happens to be on do I need to re format
>
> very irritated!!!
> JOHN

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at