[1stPickSoftware] Process Lasso

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 10:07:14 -0500

Process Lasso
Freeware
http://www.bitsum.com/prosuper.asp

Process Lasso is a unique new technology intended to
automatically restrain running processes that are consuming too
many CPU cycles. Often times, processes that are 'out-of-control'
can bring an NT system to a near halt. Once one or more processes
have become CPU resource hogs, termination of the offending
process(es) is very difficult since it is nearly impossible to
even open the task manager. With Process Lasso, these processes
are temporarily reduced in priority so that the system is
returned to a responsive level. Process Lasso can even work when
multiple processes are responsible for a decrease in system
responsiveness.  In addition, Process Lasso offers capabilities
such as default process priorities, termination of disallowed
processes, and logging of processes executed.