[1stPickSoftware] Re: Need a folder protection program

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 15:03:59 -0700

Hi Jeff,
Vic Ferri has written an excelent program;
Lock&Hide High level desktop folder security
http://personal-computer-tutor.com/lh/lockhide.htm
for Windows 95/98/Me

Keep your personal and most valuable files locked and hidden from prying
eyes, viruses, and other users of your computer.  Easy to use and extremely
secure.
What is Lock&Hide?
Lock&Hide is an  extremely easy to use  program, that allows you to lock and
hide any folder on your desktop.  Folders secured with Lock&Hide cannot be
seen, found, or accessed. Your folders remain totally invisible and highly
secured, yet can be accessed quckly and easily at any time!
 ++ There is more on the web site.
Download the free demo version of Lock&Hide now or purchase the full version
for only $20. US.
Note: The demo version is limited to 8  uses and does not come with the
RestoreALL feature uninstall protection, or any  password protection.

Mike ~ one of the Moderators
It is a good day if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/
This email was sent from an XP SP 2 protected PC
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/sp2preview.mspx

On 17/07/2004 at 2:19 PM Jeffrey Needle wrote:

Does anyone know of a program that can be used on a Win98 system to
password-protect an entire folder?  The built-in function doesn't seem to
work.

Thanks!
Jeff Needle
jeff.needle@xxxxxxxxxxx