[1stPickSoftware] MaxLister

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:03:41 -0400

MaxLister
http://www.acc.umu.se/~max/maxlister/index.html
Freeware

MaxLister is a free application which allows you to create
virtual images of harddrives, floppy disks, CD-ROMs or other
removable media. This is useful if you want to keep track of that
vast CD collection, a problem that a lot of people come across
these days. With MaxLister, you can save any drive or folder to a
.MXL-file - a database file - and later browse and search it in
a Windows Explorer interface. You can import new
folders/filenames from another MXL-file if you want to keep
different drives in a common file. You can also batch search
through a multiple number of MXL-files so that you don't have to
load every single file and then repetedly search through them;
looking for that particular filename. The MXL file also contains
filesizes, and a comment so that you can personalize your
information about the drive. If you don't want to create a
viewable database, you can choose to store your drive information
in a plain text file - easy to view and share with people who
don't already have MaxLister.