[1stPickSoftware] MP3 Gain

  • From: "Reginald George" <sgeorge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 04:58:38 -0600

I would like to nominate this program as the best piece of true "Freeware"
I've used in a long time.

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/
Tired of reaching for your volume knob every time your mp3 player changes to
a new song?
MP3Gain analyzes and adjusts mp3 files so that they have the same volume.
MP3Gain does not just do peak normalization, as many normalizers do.
Instead, it does some statistical analysis to determine how loud the file
actually
sounds to the human ear.
Also, the changes MP3Gain makes are completely lossless. There is no quality
lost in the change because the program adjusts the mp3 file directly,
without
decoding and re-encoding.