[1stPickSoftware] K9i email filtering

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:22:18 -0800

K9 - Version 1.18  Free
http://www.keir.net/k9.html
K9 is an email filtering application that works in conjunction with your
regular POP3 email program and automatically classifies incoming emails as
spam (junk email) or non-spam without the need for maintaining dozens of
rules or constant updates to be downloaded. It uses intelligent statistical
analysis that can result in extremely high accuracy over time.

K9 learns from its mistakes and becomes better and better at being able to
identify spam. More importantly it learns to recognize what you consider to
be spam.

K9 is for standard POP3 email accounts only. It does not directly support
Hotmail, AOL or any other kind of webmail type systems, nor does it support
SSL or secure authentication as used by MSN.

You can choose to download either the minimalist ZIP file containing the K9
executable only (no installer or uninstaller) or the full installation EXE
that will enable you to uninstall the application and all associated files
and registry items if you wish to.

When installing over a previous version you will not lose any information or
"learning". K9 comprises the executable file K9.exe and a Readme.txt text
file and upon running for the first time will create a sub-directory called
Emails containing a further 5 directories. It will also create a new
registry key at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KeirNet\K9. No other files or
directories or registry items are created anywhere. K9 does not contain
spyware, adware or any kind of malware whatsoever. 100% pure. 100% free.
++ There is more on the web site.

See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member