[1stPickSoftware] Grapher

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:13:51 -0400

Grapher
Freeware
http://students.washington.edu/bellc/grapher/index.php

Grapher creates and displays graphs in 2D, 3D, and any other
spatial dimension beyond the third (hyperspace). Each graph is
created by specifying an explicit equation to specify the locus
of points to be created.

A simple scripting language is used that lets you specify a
graph's color, coordinate system (cartesian, cylindrical,
spherical, and polar), create multiple graphs at once, change
resolution, and to change the dimension. There are 35 different
functions available, including trig, hyperbolic, and simple
number analysis functions.

Once the graphs are created, they can be viewed as translucent
objects and as a solid, wire frame, or set of points. In
addition, graphs can be viewed with depth perception either as a
stereo pair or anaglyph image.

Graphs can be exported to text files (where each point coordinate
can be viewed), to a bitmap file, and to an AutoDesk (*.dxf) 3D
file (for manipulation in another 3D program).

Each graph's point set can be viewed as a list of vertex
coordinates, and each vertex can be highlighted in the graphing
window to help locate it.

Grapher also includes a large set of options to customize your
environment and an extensive help system to allow you to learn
the scripting language.