[1stPickSoftware] Beta test: Outpost Security Suite 2008 for Vista

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpicksoftware-repost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:56:57 -0700

Agnitum Directions (July 2007)

- Beta test: Outpost Security Suite 2008 for Vista â?? first beta!
- Bug fix: Outpost Security Suite 2007 â?? improved flexibility and
interoperability
- White paper: Learn more about Agnitumâ??s antimalware
- Special offer: Get your Outpost Firewall Pro license renewed for FREE!
- New purchase options: Agnitum now accepts PayPal
- ID Theft Protect: Are you at risk? Try a quiz now!

Dear Readers,
We hope youâ??re having a happy and safe summer. And talking of safety, if
youâ??ve switched to Vista, or youâ??re thinking of switching soon, youâ??ll be
pleased to know that the Agnitum team is catching up with Microsoft! We are now
going into the first beta-testing phase of Outpost Security Suite 2008, and
weâ??re inviting you to be a part of that process. Plus, weâ??ve been making
some improvements to the XP Suite as well.
Please, donâ??t forget to send us your comments and suggestions, as always. We
encourage you to use our web mail form
(http://www.agnitum.com/about/forms/pr.php) to let us know what you think, or
respond to any of our blog postings.

Outpost Security Suite Pro 2008 for Vista â?? first beta!

Agnitum releases the first version of the Vista-compatible Outpost Security
Suite!

Now Windows Vista users can join the Outpost army!

While there â??s a lot to be done yet, itâ??s time to start gathering the first
round of feedback from users, so that we know what we need to do to make OSS
2008 the best it can possibly be. As always, we would really appreciate your
help, so if youâ??re a Vista user, follow this link to sign up for our beta
program. We look forward to hearing what you think!

If youâ??re already a user of the current (XP) version of the suite and
youâ??re thinking about moving to Vista, hereâ??s a brief overview of the
differences between the two:

- Vista-style user interface
Outpost Security Suite 2008 incorporates the look and feel of the latest
Windows OS.
- Restricted access to potentially harmful websites
Sites with a bad reputation or that harbor suspected malware are automatically
blocked. The list of sites is constantly updated, so users wonâ??t
inadvertently find themselves at the wrong place.
- Full support for fast user-switching
Unlike the XP-compatible Suite, OSS 2008 is fully compatible with multi-user
configurations and enables any authorized user to collaborate in setting up
secure Outpost rules.
- Revamped â??New Connectionâ?? dialog box
Now you can get detailed information about the initiating process, as well as
SmartAdvisor recommendations, where available.
- Anti-malware protection at installation and system boot-up
Further improvements to the way OSS fights malware when the system starts up,
and extends its ability to install on - and then clean - an already-infected
system.
(http://www.agnitum.com/products/security-suite/screenshot_oss2008.php)
- More robust and flexible self-protection
More activation events have been included in the self-protection module, which
also improves the mechanism of specifying exclusions for permissible actions
and applications.

And, of course, OSS continues to safeguard application integrity and provide
robust protection against all known information leak techniques used by hackers
and malware authors to compromise sensitive data.

Weâ??ll be building on and improving all these technologies as we continue
through the public beta process. So take a look at the progress weâ??ve made so
far, check out the latest features, and let us know what you think. The link
will stay the same throughout the beta process:
http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/betatest.php.

Outpost Security Suite Pro 2007 â?? improved flexibility and interoperability

Since the release of OSS 2007, we have received a number of questions
concerning the productâ??s interoperability with third party security products.
Those who prefer to use a combination of solutions were encountering
incompatibilities with some products. So the Agnitum engineers went back to the
testing lab to figure out how to make OSS â??play nicelyâ?? with these
products. We hope that users of NOD32, KAV/KIS, Dr. Web, McAfee VirusScan, and
Webroot SpySweeper will now find their operating environments more stable.
Please let us know if you encounter compatibility problems with any third-party
product.

Aside from compatibility issues, this latest build now works well on the x64
platform, offers improved counters of malicious objects in the main antimalware
window, and provides more reliable rule settings.

If youâ??re interested, you can check out the history of changes for Outpost
Security Suite (http://www.agnitum.com/products/security-suite/history.php) and
Outpost Firewall Pro (http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/history.php);
users of the latter product should also see compatibility improvements.
Download the latest version of the Suite and improve your security even more!
http://www.agnitum.com/products/security-suite/download.php

Learn more about Agnitumâ??s antimalware

Our white paper about Outpost Security Suiteâ??s antimalware module is now
available online. If youâ??d like to understand more about how the Suite
effectively combats malicious software without impacting system performance, or
how you scan your hard drive for viruses and spyware in just 90 seconds, then
just follow the link to download the .pdf.
http://dl2.agnitum.com/docs/security-suite/Agnitum_Antimalware_Technote.pdf

Get your Outpost Firewall Pro license renewed for FREE!

We are excited to introduce a new offer to renew your Outpost Firewall Pro
license - absolutely free! All you have to do is choose one of our affiliate
partners to deliver the update license to you, and they will pay the
registration fee on your behalf.

Hereâ??s how it works
- You sign up with or purchase something from one of our affiliates
- In return for us sending them a new customer (that's you), they pay your
registration fee
- You receive a one year license for Outpost Firewall Pro 4.0
Thatâ??s all there is to it! With dozens of affiliate partners to choose from,
you're sure to find something you like, so why not get started today?
http://www.trialpay.com/stores/agnitum/renew

Agnitum now accepts PayPal

Shareit (http://www.shareit.com/), our online payments provider, has introduced
a new option: now you can pay for Agnitumâ??s products
(http://shareit.com/programs.html?productid=300157670&sessionid=669405512&random=476a8413b98cf2053ef6216cd7459d36)
 via PayPal.

So if youâ??d rather not use credit cards online, you now have another secure
payment option to use instead.

ID Theft Protect

ID Theft Protect in partnership with Agnitum is the consumerâ??s choice for
providing awareness in finding a solution to protecting your identity.

- Ever been refused credit or a mortgage?
- Ever received annoying evening marketing phone calls?
- Ever wondered how you could protect your credit history?
- Ever wondered how to protect your mobile phone?
- Do you know how secure your Wi-Fi network is?

ID Theft Protect suggests you complete our <strong>FREE</strong> ID theft quiz
today!
http://www.id-protect.co.uk/quiz.php

Now, relax and have a great summer!

Now youâ??ve seen how weâ??re spending our summer, you can rest assured that
your future will be even more secure. Donâ??t forget to secure your Wi-Fi
connections and remote Internet access.
http://www.agnitum.com/news/securityinsight/issues/june2007
-=-=-=-=-

Mike the mod