[1stPickSites] (12/21/07) Safe Turkey-Day Shortcuts

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickSites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:13:03 -0500

Safe Turkey-Day Shortcuts

http://www.ext.colostate.edu/news/021125.html

Today's web page, from Colorado State University Cooperative
Extension, highlights a number of ways to safely reduce the time
spent cooking the holiday turkey. Readers anticipating another
marathon session wrestling with a turkey may find a number of
helpful suggestions in this
brief guide.

"If you like the idea of serving turkey with all the trimmings to
your holiday guests but aren't looking forward to getting up at
the crack of
dawn to get the bird in the oven, don't despair. There are a
number of shortcuts you can take in preparing your holiday turkey
that are safe and
can decrease the time spent in preparation." - from the website

The web page serves up several alternatives to cooking an entire
turkey.  For those doing battle with a whole bird, a specific
thawing timetable and the best procedures for accomplishing this
are provided. Also discussed are particular practices to avoid,
both for thawing and roasting a turkey, with explanations of how
some common methods can produce dangerous results.

~*~*~*~*~
to 1stpicksites-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of "info 1stpicksites" without the
quotes.