[1stPickSites] (12/13/04) National Christmas Tree Association

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickSites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:11:56 -0500

National Christmas Tree Association

http://www.realchristmastrees.org/

"The trees that grace our homes each year at Christmas are not
newcomers to planet Earth. Most have been our neighbors for
centuries, predating even the very first Christmas. So, where did
these trees come from? How did we find them? Where do they grow?
How do we grow more? And do we use them for
things other than Christmas trees? ... The answers to these
questions and more can be found in the National Christmas Tree
Association's presentation of Christmas Tree History and
Characteristics." - from the website

The site offers an excellent presentation on the various types of
trees used at Christmas, complete with photos and botanical
information. There are tips for tree selection and a guide for
tree care, safety and
recycling. The FAQ answers a number of queries from how to find a
"Charlie Brown" Christmas tree, to which variety has the best
scent.

~*~*~*~*~
to 1stpicksites-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of "info 1stpicksites" without the