[1stPickSites] (10/07/03) Little Golden Books

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickSites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 13:35:45 -0400

Little Golden Books

http://www.thesantis.com/home2.htm

If you're a baby boomer, you probably remember Little Golden
Books from your childhood. In fact, if you've had children of
your own, you've probably read some of them to your kids.

The Little Golden Books first appeared in 1942, and were sold in
dime stores, drug stores and food markets. Many writers and
artists who first appeared in LGB titles later gained fame for
their work: Richard Scarry, Garth Williams, Margaret Wise Brown
(writer of the famous GOODNIGHT, MOON), and others. (One of my
favorites, who's almost unknown today, is Tibor Gergely.)

There are a number of people who collect Little Golden Books. You
can learn more about LGBs from the Collecting Little Golden Books
site, maintained by Steve Santi, author of a book about
collecting the series.

~*~*~*~*~
to 1stpicksites-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of "info 1stpicksites" without the