[1stPickSites] (09/07/04) Tomato Recipes and Cooking Information

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickSites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 10:10:02 -0400

If your garden is anything like mine you probbaly have an
overabundance of these and this site will help you use some of
them up!

Tomato Recipes and Cooking Information

http://homecooking.about.com/library/weekly/aa071601a.htm

"Tuh-MAY-toh or Tuh-MAH-to? Pronunciation doesn't matter when it
comes to this fabulous nutritious fruit known as a vegetable.
It's hard to believe that such a widely-used food source was once
considered deadly poisonous.  Available year-round in fresh and
preserved forms, there is no shortage of uses for this versatile
"vegetable". Before getting to the recipes, take a look at tomato
history and trivia ..." - from the website

The site provides material covering such topics as why the tomato
was originally considered poisonous, the curious tale of its
inclusion in the vegetable family and particularly useful storage
advice for both
garden-grown and supermarket varieties. Naturally, there are
recipes as well as relevant links to additional material.

~*~*~*~*~
to 1stpicksites-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of "info 1stpicksites" without the
quotes.