[1stPickSites] (06/08/06) Earth from Above

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickSites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 10:06:47 -0400

Earth from Above

http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2/affichage.php

Today's site, presents the work of French photographer Yann
Arthus-Bertrand.  Readers will discover a dazzling collection of
images from
around the world.

"[Earth from Above] is a data bank, which contains more than 1000
photographs with their captions. Each photo can be downloaded as
wallpapers for free." - from the website

The site's compilation of images may be accessed from the small
"Menu" heading on the left, allowing selection by specific
country.
English-speaking visitors may be more comfortable choosing from
the second drop-down list. Each image is accompanied by a
detailed description in French, Spanish and English, including
its longitudinal and latitudinal coordinates. A particular
feature of the site is the availability of all the photos to be
freely used as desktop wallpapers in 800x600 or 1024x768
resolutions.

Note: Firefox users should scroll down two-thirds of the page to
view the initial and subsequent images.

~*~*~*~*~
to 1stpicksites-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of "info 1stpicksites" without the