[1stPickPCHelp] spybot beta

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 21:39:10 -0800

From langa list;
http://www.langa.com/newsletters/2004/2004-03-04.htm
New SpyBot Beta and Info
Several readers pointed me to the new version of Spybot in quiet beta
testing now.
It doesn't appear to be private--- just not publicized--- so here's the
link.
http://www.safer-networking.org/files/spybotsd13.exe

But note: It *is* a beta--- unfinished software--- so use with caution.
All the normal beta warnings apply: It may crash, or cause your system to
crash, or may cause you to lose data, and so on.
So don't be upset if you find bugs!

While poking around the rest of the site, I also saw a page that's come a
long way since I first saw it: It's a list of popular software that's often
infected with some sort of spyware; and a list of spyware-free alternatives.
Very handy! See
http://langa.com/u/3i.htm

http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/worm_removal.htm
See my Anti-Virus pages  http://virusinfo.hackfix.org/index
A Technical Support Alliance  and OWTA Charter Member

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "info 1stpickpchelp" without the
quotes.

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=unsubscribe