[1stPickPCHelp] Re: Registry Edit

  • From: "Jimmy" <jimmy.nuyts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:47:53 +0100

You can backup the register by:
In the menu-bar of regedit:

File -> export... -> all keys (somewhere on the lower-left-side of the
popup-ed window)

And give it a name like: backup before deleting-removing some stuff
This can result in to a large file (>60 Megs)
But if you get troubles after all that deleting of key, values etc. you
can just double click it and say yes when WinXp asks to import the
values.

Hope it helps,
        Jimmy

If you don't wont that big file you can just export the register-key you
wont to delete.
You do this by choosing the option below the 'all keys'-option (it
starts with HKEY_ ....)
This results in a file of some 500 kB's max.
If you deleted the wrong key you can import these also.

UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius
to understand the simplicity.

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "info 1stpickpchelp" without the
quotes.