[1stPickPCHelp] How to stop programs running in the background

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:16:09 -0800

Hi Folks,
here are a couple of links about finding "Services"
which you may not know are running.

WARNING! you can render the computer un bootable!

But it is a good way to stop thing like 'messenger' from running
and other diagnostic steps:

Services Guide for Windows XP
The preferred way to make changes to services is to launch services.msc
from the Run option on the Start Menu.
The Services window shown below will open.
www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htm

The Elder Geek on Windows XP > Msconfig Vs. Services.msc
What is the difference between the listing of "services" found in
Services.msc and the Services tab found in Msconfig?
Do they interact? ...
www.theeldergeek.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php?t4122.html

Mike one of the mods

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.