[1stPickPCHelp] Re: Formatting Hard Drive

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:44:30 -0800

Hi Richard,
you may have to install the drive as master, and use a Win 98 boot disk to
boot the computer.
Then use the format command to format the drive.

this is a good site;
http://www.fdisk.com/fdisk/
This is an attempt to direct people to more specific fdisk help/utilities.
++

See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 10/12/2003 at 12:56 PM Richard Lumley wrote:

I have a spare hard drive that I have used before that I want to format
and use for back up. The problem is that my computer won't let me format
it. I get the error message "Windows cannot format this drive. Quit any
disk utilities or other programs that are using this drive, and make
sure that no window is displaying the contents of the drive. Then try
formatting again". I do have GoBack on my computer, but I have
everything disabled except for explorer. I deleted everything on the
hard drive manually, but can't delete the file Gobackio.bin which is
from GoBack. How can I format this drive and delete the Gobackio file? I
am using windows98.
Thanks,
Richard

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.