[1stPickPCHelp] Re: Computer Won't Start !

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:02:07 -0700

Hi Sonia,
I found another BIOS site which may help;
http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/comp/mbsys/bios_Corrupted.htm
The BIOS settings in the CMOS memory have become corrupted or damaged

Explanation: The data stored in CMOS memory that controls the BIOS settings
has become corrupted. This is usually seen in a warning or error message
when the PC is booted, since the CMOS has a checksum value that is used to
allow the BIOS to detect when the settings have become corrupted.
++ There is more on the web site.
~~~

http://www.mwn.ca/
See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org

On 12/10/2002 at 8:05 AM Sonia Currie wrote:

I went to install a CD burner in a Pentium 2 ? 32 meg ram and for some
reason now it won?t start. I?ve returned the computer to it?s original

physical state and it?s still having the same issue which is when I go to
turn it on I get the intermittent long beep. The monitor is fully connected
and when it?s turned on even with the computer running it still shows the
same message i.e. ?self test please check cable monitor is working?
(something like that). All cards and cords have been checked to ensure that
they?re properly fitted and not loose and it?s still having the same
issues.
  HELP!!!  Thankyou in advance.

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "info 1stpickpchelp" without the