[1stPickPCHelp] CPU frequency

  • From: "Debra Taylor" <da_taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <1stPickPCHelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 09:40:03 -0800

I just bought a second hand pentium 4 and am having troubles with it. When I turn the power off, and then on again to boot up, an AwardBIOS Setup Utility screen appears first, stating something about there being a new CPU that needs its frequency selected. How do I know what the CPU's frequency is? It has a selection list that goes from 1400 MHz to 1540 MHz.

I'd really rather not bring this in to a computer shop to get it fixed since I just spent my last dime buying this thing. (From a very fast, unethical talker.)

Thanks!

Debra

~*~*~*~*~
Was this forwarded to you? Want to subscribe? Send an email to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.