<USS Eagle> Counseling Anew, pt 2

  • From: Jen <imsprite1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, April Styles <CommoAprlFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 23:20:50 -0800 (PST)

  Part 2

Dennex nodded his understanding.  "My dear.  There are some of us in this
universe destined for humble existances.  I, myself, had ambitions of becoming
Federation President, but here I am, a simple counselor for Starfleet.

"Others, like yourself, are chosen for much greater things.  It is obvious the
simple ways of your people were not in your path to walk.  Just the simple fact
you are out here, in this vastness we call a universe is a testament to that.
And along those same lines, you are going to have to accept and digest the fact
that strange things do happen out here in space.  There are beings like the
Borg, the Q, Romulans, Klingons and Cardassians."

"I have never heard of one such race as you have described you and the others
met up with, and frankly... I don't want to.  They are frightening, yes, but
you as a Starfleet officer, not to mention whatever the light eings have in
mind for you are going to have to stand up to your obvious fear.  If you don't,
theywill continue to haunt your dreams even if you were to give up Starfleet
and go back to your homeworld.  Does this make sense?"

Melody nods. "I believe there is an old earth saying, 'The only thing to fear
is fear itself.' I need to face this fear, because if we ever do run into these
things, and I really hope we don't, I need to be strong enough to face them."

"Good," Dennex said with a smile.   "Now, tell me about the boy.  Malachi, is
it?"

   Melody's face turned a bright shade of red. " That's a very personal subject
doctor. There is no other way to put this. I am in love with Malachi. They tell
me its inapropreate, to this I don't understand but I have put off any romantic
dealings with him untill he gets of the correct age. His race ages faster then
mine. In a few years he will acculay be older then me. But for now we are good
friends. "

"Ahhh young love," Dennex replied with a smile and a look of remberance.
"Malachi, as I see it hear is 14?"  He didn't wait for an answer before
continuing on.  "You see, Doctor.  Humanoid males are hardly mature enough for
a stable relationship at that age.  You do realize a lot could change, both for
you and him, in the next two or three years?"

   "I do. You most likely know that Starfleet allowed me to caculate my age for
entry into the Academy. This is my first time being in love myself. But Mal and
I have a connection. A strong connection. I mean I can even tell where he is on
the ship, when he is thinking about me, I know he has the same feeling for me I
do for him." Melody eyes showed the dreamy teen love that she feels for Mal.

Dennex did not want to dismiss the emotion he saw in this young girl's eyes.
He knew the feelings they had for each other could be as genuine as an older
couple.  But he also knew the maturity wasn't there. This he was not going to
tell Melody .

"I can see how deeply you feel aout him," Dennex told her.  "I do caution you
though.  You ARE a Starfleet officer.  You do have a certain decorum you must
maintain, bu this you already know. "  He finished the tea she had given him
and stood up.  "I have taken enough of your time for now, Doctor.  I am
temporarily assigned to this ship, so I will be at your avail anytime you need
me.  I will also talk to Lt. Commander Marqusa about getting you back to duty,
but I would like you to wait at least one more day. ... to see if your
nightmares return."

  Melody nodded in understanding. "Thank you for your time, Counselor. I
understand you caution before returning me to duty. I believe I know what I
need to do." She glided next to him to the door.  "I will see you tomorrow then
before I go back on duty, if you don't mind." The Counselor nodded as he left.
Melody decided that, since she was tired from lack of sleep, she would test her
own nightmare theory. So she got undressed, lay down to sleep and awaited what
was to come.

  Lt Commander Dennex
NPC Counselor

Dr. Melody (Ltjg)