<USS Eagle> Answers?

  • From: GwenivereMarqusa@xxxxxxx
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:40:36 EDT

Note: this takes place  before the last sim.

:ON:

     Gwen took a deep breath then  exited the turbo lift as the doors opened
onto the bridge.  Looking around,  she noticed the Captain sitting in the
center seat.  In a non-rushed  manner, Gwen approached the CO.
      "Sir?  Can we talk for a min?"
      Lukas looked up to his acting first officer. "Of course,  XO.  What's
on your mahnd?"
      "Something that could use a little privacy sir."
      "Certainly," Lukas said standing up.  He gestured towards the ready rom
 door.  "In the Ready Room.  Mr. Kline, You have the  bridge."
      Lukas moved towards the ready room.  The Lt. Manning the tactical
station  moved down to the center seat.
      "Thank you sir."  Gwen followed the Captain.  She waited for the door
to shut and then looked around for a moment, standing somewhat  rigidly.
      "Permission to speak freely sir?"
      Lukas gestured for the officer to have a seat on the  sofa.  He ordered
up a glass of iced tea from the replicator.   "Always, Gwen.  Would you lahke
something to drink?"
      Looking at the sofa, Gwen took a seat.  "No, thank you Sir."  She
waited for him to get his drink.
      Lukas took his drink from the replicator and took a sip.  He then moved
 casually over to a chair adjacent to the sofa where Gwen sat.  The damaged
starship, Spacula One could be seen over her shoulder.  Spacula Two had
returned and was assisting them with repairs.
      "What's up?"
     "I  was just wondering why we did nothing when Spacula One was under
attack  Sir."
      "Simple" Lukas said.  "That's not our job, here."
      "It's not?  Aren't we here to keep the peace Sir?"
      Lukas thought about that for a moment.  "Yes.  That's exactly whah
we're here."
      "Then how does letting them fight, help keep the peace Sir?"
      "Are you prepared to take sahdes, Gwen?" Lukas asked.
      Gwen thought for a moment,  "Does the side of peace count  Sir?"
      "Yes,  the sahde of peace counts." Lukas looked into the eyes of this
young  officer.  "And you are probably rahght.  We should have reacted.   Ah
let mah last encounter with Gaolino cloud mah judgement.  You were on  the
planet.  He strictly forbade us from pursuing that ship, told us it was  none
of
our business."
      Gwen nodded, thinking for a moment.  "I don't really envy your position
 Sir.  I know it's easy to sit here, after all is said and done, and second
guess what happened."
      Turning, Gwen looked out the port at the other ships that were
currently in  view.  "I've never been one who could sit by and do nothing."
      She looked back to the Captain, "Though, I guess I can understand  why."
      "To be honest, Gwen, if it were Spacula Two, Ah probably would have
stepped in  and forced the Frinkta off." Lukas looked out at the Spaculaan
starships  again.  "Gaolino is a fool.  Always has been.  That's  whah
Starfleet
kept him tucked away in R & D.
      "He walked rahght into the Frinkta trap.  He should have known  better."
      Gwen nodded, not sure what else to say.  "Things are never cut and dry,
are  they Sir?"
      "Never, XO," Lukas agred.  "Ah appreciate you coming to me with your
concerns, Gwen.  You are now mah second-in-command.  Much to your  surprahse,
Ah am not perfect, and am always glad to hear concerns and different  opinions."
      Smiling a little, for the first time, "Yes Sir."
      "Ah know that may not be the answer you sek, XO," Lukas said.  He
paused  and took another sip of his tea.  "But Ah'm afraid that is one of the
downfalls to being mah XO.  Jast ask Dak or Llance."
     "I  don't think that there really are any 'right' answers Sir.  Thank
you for  letting me speak my mind."

:OFF:

Commodore Lukas  Fyrstk
Commanding  Officer