<USS Eagle> "Tougher Decision" pt 2 of 2

  • From: "Gwen Marqusa" <GwenivereMarqusa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 04:42:53 -0500

:ON:

     Shelley and Maya took off immediately as the others landed.  Shelley seemed to be natural at flying, while Maya struggled a little.  She was often shifting around, and once almost fell off.  The two did seem to work well together and cooperate.  Of course, it helped that they were friends and worked together in the astrophysics lab.  Shelley had convinced Maya to come and try out, because she didn't want to tryout by herself.
     Shelley went after the bludgers.  She smacked them dead center, even while flying.  Her aim was very accurate, and she liked to aim the bludger towards Borak.  She didn't know why, but she had trouble with Andorians.  However, she knew that if she and Borak were chosen as the beaters, she'd be able to work with him.  But it definitely was not her preference.
     Maya, on the other hand, just avoided the bludgers.  She was more or less just trying to survive out there.  It was definitely NOT as easy as it looked from the solid ground.  She didn't have contact with a single bludger.  Most of the time she just hid behind Shelley.  The scientist was only here to support her friend.  Had she been here of her own accord, she would probably have chosen to tryout for chaser.
     Borak took of easily and quickly. He found this an odd game just as he found many things that were associated with humans but he also found it a challenge - though in truth not enough a challenge for his liking He was an aggressive player, seeing out the bludgers and striking them hard. His warrior nature obvious in every fierce blow he landed on each bludger. He easily sent the bludgers flying off very hard.
     McBride was a more calculating player. He was at ease on a broom and had read the books and watched the movies so many times he knew them too well. All of this showed in his playing. He was not too touch but rather more calculating, sending the bludgers that came towards him at angles, trying to work out different strategies and imagining in his mind the other players on the field.
     Ratchet watched and waited, ready to lend a hand if ever someone needed something to be fixed up. She was glad Tru hadn't broke his nose or anything worse.
     Gwen whistled the second group down and called everyone over.  "Okay, this is a VERY hard decision.  You all did well out there.  Unfortunately only four of you can move on."  She paused there, trying to make up her final decision.
     "As it is, these are the final four.  Tru, Shelley, Potter, and Seamus.  You four are invited back to the final tryouts being held in a couple of days.  I hope to see you all at the Eagle/Intrepid game, cheering on your fellow crew mates.  Thank you all for trying out."
     Gwen smiled and headed out.
     Tru smiled brightly when he heard his name.  He was so sure he had done a great job.  But then, so had a lot of the others.
     Shelley was glad that she had made it to the final round.  She moved over to Maya and put her arm around her to console her about Maya not making it to the finals.  They both walked off together.
     Cole walked off, disappointed.  He knew he hadn't been that good, but he still didn't like not moving on.  He knew he'd definitely be here to watch the finals and the game against the Intrepid crew.  He wanted to learn some pointers so that he could try out next time.  He also planned to practice between the Intrepid game and the next time.  He was determined to make the team next time.
     Borak was very surprised he had not made it to the finals but he also did not complain about it. It was not in his nature. He was not disappointed either. A part of him was none too happy he had failed to meet up with the challenge but he was a warrior and a warrior accepted both their victories and their defeats with honor.
     Grumb was, despite not making the finals, still working on a way to make a profit out of all of this. He slid from the holodeck, rubbing his hands together and muttering Rules of Acquisition.
     Ratchet watched him leave - she had a bad feeling about this.
     Seamus McBride was glad to make it to the team. He smiled. How could he not be! He was going to have the chance to play in a real Quidditch match.
     Michael Potter was thinking of the possible latinum he would get out of winning the dare, the recognition and his chance to get seen by the commodore. Brilliant.
     Ratchet made her way to Tru. For a second she seemed a little nervous before suddenly smiling. "Congratulations. I knew you'd made it" she said fiddling with her Bertie Botts jelly beans. "You were great." She paused a moment before handing him the box. "Just um . . well you got to be careful mind. They really do mean every flavor." She smiled again. "To get in the spirit of things you know."
     Tru smiled and then blushed.  "Umm, err, thanks Doc . . . "  He just stood there, not knowing what to do next.  "I . . . should . . . uh . . . go change."  He didn't understand why he was now finding it hard to talk to Ratch.  When he had first known her, he never had this trouble and that was one of the things that he liked about her.
     "Call me Ratch" she gave give a smile. "We're off duty though I guess I should too" noticing her own need to change as well. "I just wanted to tell you I thought you were great." She gave him another smile before moving off to get changed but not before making sure all who wanted to risk jelly beans got their face share of jelly beans. Even if she did not make the team this was definitely going to be a lot of fun.

:OFF:

Lt. Cmdr. Gwen Marqusa
Judge/Chaser Contender

Doctor Ratchet
Chaser Contender
NPCs: Grumb, Michael Potter, Borak, & Seamus McBride

Lt. Tru Lee Lost
Beater Contender
NPCs: Cole, Shelley, & May