<USS Eagle> "Helping Melody"

  • From: Lukas <CaptFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "April Styles" <CommoAprlFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 23:01:35 -0400

ON

Snipet:
 She noticed that Mal's eyes came to rest on the book on known psionic powers she had left sitting on one of the instrament carts. "So.. Mr. Frysk how can I help you? You're not ill are you? You don't look it."
End Snippet

Malachi blushed at being caught looking at Melody's book.  He had been so engorssed in the fact that anyone would still be reading a hard-bound edition, he never even notice Desho had left.

"Oh....uh... No, sir...uhhh ma'am, I mean Doctor," he said.  "i-I am feeling fine.  I was wondering how YOU were feeling about all that had happened.  I mean, not to be nosey or anything, but it seems that withthe light being and all it is a lot to take in."

 Melody couldn't help smiling again, he was even cuter when he blushed. " Calm down Malachi. And you can call me Melody, ok? It's very sweet of you to vist me to see how I am. Physicaly I'm much better. The headaches and the pain are gone." At that she dropped her gaze from his. " But... I don't know, ever since the first incedent with the light beings that were trapped it seems people have been avoiding me. And after that last encounter with that light alien I have felt completely alone. I'm haveing second thought about if I really belong here. The creature said it was my destiny but right now it really doesn't feel like it." Melody walked across sickbay and sat in her chair. " Then there is the thing with Gwen. I really don't want to impose on her. I mean she's the XO of the ship. She has enough to do without haveing to train an amature psionic. It just seems the more I want to help the more of a burden I become. Because of my problems on my first away mission the command crew is more likely to take the EMH on another mission before they ask me. Everthing is just so screwed up." She looked up at Mal, tears standing in her eyes.

Malachi saw the tears forming in Melody;s eyes. He sat down across from her.  "Hey!  It's not your fault all this has happened.  My dad doesn't think you're a screw-up or anything.  And Gwen, I mean Commander Marqusa.... she's actually pretty cool.  I mean she took a chance taking me on the away mission with the emporess of Spacula Prime."
His mind was racing fast.  "You know, I will help you in any way I can."  his eyes gleamed with youthful exuberance, hoping to bring a smile to the pretty face of the young doctor.

  Melody wiped the tears from her eyes. " I'm sorry Mal. I didn't mean to get all emotional on you." She smiled for him again. " You have always been so nice to me. Any help would be great."

Mal beamed at Melody's smile.  "I-it's okay.. you know, about the meotional stuff.  I would probably be all emotional too if I went through what you did."  He wasn't certain at the moment just how he was going to help Melody, he just knew he would give it a try.

OFF
Dr. Melody
Assistant Medical Officer

Malachi Fyrstk