<USS Eagle> Family, Part two

  • From: Lukas <CaptFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:19:21 -0500

Note:  This takes place prior to the 050316 sim

ON - Part two

April sat, holding onto Lukas as he cried against her.  She rocked him like she would rock any of her children to comfort them.  She spoke softly to him, speaking low words to sooth his torment.  She could sense his anguish at watching the future versions of the twins die.  The clinical part of her knew the pyschological damage such an event would cause, but she, also, knew that Lukas was a strong man.  "Shhh, My love." she said softly, kissing the tears away as he raised his head.  "I wish you were spared such a thing, but I am glad you came to see me and our children.  The boys' future has not yet been written here in this time.  There are many things that can happen to change the course of their destinies.   The very act of them coming back to warn us before it is to late has already changed what the future will hold.  Do you understand what I'm trying to tell you?"  April's eyes were bright with unshed tears, the strong emotions of her husband and her son effecting her.

Lukas looked once again, at the beautiful face he had fallen in love with.  He reigned in his emotions.  With a deep sigh, he softly said, "Ah know you're rahght.  AH know we can change what happens in the future, and.... obviously,..." His eyes again went to the now-sleeping twins.  "... they thought so.... or will think so too.  Whomever the T'Kil is, they're a strong enough threat to all of us."

The calm quiet of the room was suddenly interrupted by the whistle of the comm system.  "OPS to Commodore Fyrstk," came the voice of the Operations officer.

Lukas almost answered, but then remembered what ship he was on.  He glanced amusingly to April.  "Duty calls."

April heaved a heavy sigh and answered, "Go ahead, Commander Pryde."

"The USS Kitty Hawk  is trying to reach your husband, sir,"  Kitty reported.  "Their CO, Fleet Captain Moreland is demanding he return to Earth immediately, sir."

"I'll relay the message, Kitty. April out." as she cut the channel, she placed a restraining hand on his arm, sensing he was about to get up and take his leave. "Lukas, my love, I have something I want to show you, Please give me a few more minutes before you leave."  She pulled a PADD from a pocket .  She handed it to him, watching him intently as he read it.  Luna had fallen asleep against her.

Lukas looked at the PADD handed him.  He was in no particular hurry to rush off to Earth, though he knew he would have to depart soon.  He read te text on the screen.  an awful lot of legal jasrgon passed before him, but the content of it was very clear.  April was presenting him with the adoption "papers" for Malachi and Luna.  He knew Luna already thought of him as "daddy," but Malachi was another matter.  Lukas wanted to adopt them both, but he wanted Malachi's approval.

"Your mom just handed me the paper-work for you to become mah son, Mal," Lukas said looking over at the boy.  "How do you feel about that?"

Malachi opened his eyes wide, a large smile appeared on his face.  "Really? Mom, are you serious?"  his voice cracked slightly, an indicator that he was becoming a young adult.  He carefully got up not disturbing his brothers and pracurally bounced over to his Mom and the man he already considered his father.  He hugged her, making her grunt a little as he almost took her breath away with his strength.

April smiled softly as her teeenaged son showed excitement at the prospect of Lukas becoming his father legally.  She could sense his acceptence and a new sense of well-being as he realized he now had an identity.  She nodded at his question then had her breath squeezed from her at his enthusiasm.

Malachi then turned to Lukas and treated him to the same hug.  "How do I feel?  I'd be honored to have your last name!!"  he backed up and said shyly, "Dad."

April felt tears slide down her face, watching them together.  This had been her hope since the day she married the man sitting next to her.  She wished she had done it sooner.

"well then,"  Lukas said.  Without another moment's hesitation, he placed his thumb against the PADD to make the adoption official.  "Consider it done.  Your grandmother is going to be thrilled. "

At his own mention of his mother, Lukas suddenly remembered the other news he had to give her.  "With excitement in his eyes, Lukas again turned to April.  "In all the emotion that this incident with the .... twins, has evoked, Ah almost forgot to tell you some We have found the Athena, April.  Noah is alahve."

April grab one of his hands, her smile as bright as the sun.  "Really?  That is fantastic news.  I know you have missed him greatly."  she squeezed his hand.

"They're in the Beta Quadrant," Lukas told her.  "Lts. Haas and Tracy, .."  He looked over to Malachi, who was still by his side, and reached up and tousled Mal's hair.  "Along with help from this gah rahght here, developed a slip-stream transmitter in which we were able to establish contact."

"I honestly did very little," Malachi said blushing a bit and looking very pleased nonetheless.

April glanced at her eldest child, the pride shone in her eyes.  "Mal, some times it takes only a little to help make the big difference.  You will do great things. Admiral Krell has told me that on more then one occasion and she has never been wrong with any predictions I've heard her talk about.  You will always make me..make us proud."

"Well Ah guess Ah have to get going," Lukas said, gently handing Jessica to her mother.  "Ah didn't think Starfleet would raise as much a fuss over the future Falcon as they have.  Mal?  You comin' back with me, or you want to sta with your mom for a whahle?"

Malachi looked between his parents. "I'd like to come back with you, Dad, if it's ok with Mom." he looked at April who nodded with a gentle smile.  "But...." he reached down and took his baby sister from his Mom, "But I think you two should have a couple hours to be alone together.  I'll watch the others and you go into Moms' room and BE together.  The pencil necks can wait for that long."  He smiled at the stunned look his parents gave him .  He turned and walked back to the twins, Luna following behind him, yawning.

Lukas raised an eyebrow at Mal's comment.  He offered April an amused look.  "The boy is growing up, E'lev."  He then rose to his feet and offered April his hand.  "Whah don't we take advantage of this whahle we cain."

Off
Commodore Lukas Fyrstk
Commanding Officer

Commodore April Styles-Fyrstk