[pskmail] Updates for client and server, ubuntu style...

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:58:59 +0200

Hello,

I have uploaded new versions for client an server to the download sites:
http://sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pub/linux/ham/pskmail and
http://hermes.esrac.ele.tue/pskmail

The new client is pskmail-0.8.1_ubuntu-8.04.tar.gz

The changes:
The archive now contains install routines for ubuntu-8.04 which was released
yesterday.

When you untar the archive you get a directory pskmail-0.8.1. In that directory
you find
2 install scripts. ./libinstall.sh to install the necessary libraries on ubuntu
(works also for
7.04 and 7.10, but it installs an old version of fldigi in that case. I ubuntu
8.04 fldigi-2.05
is installed. The other script, ./install.sh copies the executables:
* pskmail to /usr/local/bin
* psk_arq.pl. arq.pm, rflinkclient.pl, paq8l, unpaq864 and paq864 to
/usr/local/share/pskmail.
Also a directory .pskmail is created, whic contains everything which used to be
in ~/mail.
You start the program with 'pskmail' in a terminal.
New feature: The GUI now contains a file viewer for files in the pskdownloads
directory.

The new server is pskmail_server-0.7_ubuntu-8.04.tar.gz
The same story applies here. All relevant working files and directories go into
.pskmail.
The server is now started with 'pskmail_server' in a terminal.

This change was necessary to enable the Debian guys (PG4I in this instance) to
make a
.deb package which will be even easier to install.

For users of other distro's the archive contains all files you need, but
installation of the
libraries has to be done manually. See the wiki for that. The pskmail_server
file goes
into /usr/local/bin, all other executables go into /usr/local/share/pskmail.
The working
files and diectories go into .pskmail. A look at the install scripts will help
you..

WHO VOLUNTEERS TO ADAPT THE "libinstall" SCRIPT TO OTHER DISTRO'S?
The only part that's different will be the packages that are now installed with
apt-get...

I think this is an important step towards making pskmail easy to handle.

73,

Rein PA0R

--

http://pa0r.blogspirit.com