[duxuser] Wish List Request for DBT Exception and Acronym Dictionaries

  • From: "Baldev Shinder" <baldev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 18:04:09 +0100

Hello George

DUXBURY WISH LIST REQUEST

Has the exceptions and acronym dictionaries been mentioned already on this
list for adding to the dbt program wish list to be implemented in a future
release?  If so, please ignore this request.

It would be nice to have these features within Duxbury so anything you want
translated in a particular way could be possible.  I would have thought it
wasn't a big task for Duxbury to implement this by now.

I think, in my view, only two lookup tables is all that's required e.g. a
word list that dbt checks and ignores normal translation whilst running.
Another list to check how the user wants a particular word translated.

Also, may I request an extra built-in dbt menu e g Exceptions through which
difficult acronyms and words can be added to an external list or table.  The
user can then easily add, modify or delete through a menu option particular
acronyms or words that they want to translate in a particular way.

This would really make my life much easier.  I'll keep on dreaming until
this is made possible.  A similar idea is used with both the dos and windows
versions of Pia's BrailleMaker software which comes complete with these
editable word lists.  I hope this will be implemented in Duxbury Braille
Translation software and given some thoughtful consideration in the next
release or so in due course.

Its just my input towards the duxuser list with a few ideas and I hope I
have not been demanding to much.  I would appreciate any thoughts on the
subject from yourself George or the list.  I'll stop yapping and will sign
off, Baldev.

Thanking you George for giving us an opportunity to air our views and for
taking our requests onboard to Duxbury in USA.

Kind Regards

Baldev Shinder
baldev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

* * *